Salvesen Mindroom Centre is a Scottish charity dedicated to supporting, informing and empowering all those living with learning difficulties. When we began our charitable work in 2000, we identified that there are at least five children with some form of learning difficulty in every school class in Scotland and across the UK. In response, we have developed our expertise and services to include:
• working directly with families, providing advice, signposting and 1:1 support.
• advocacy and support services available to young people up to age 25
• supported work placements for secondary pupils
• literature, training and resources for teachers and other professionals
• collaboration and cooperation with partners in all sectors to expand our reach
We are especially proud of our unique partnership with the Salvesen Mindroom Research Centre at the University of Edinburgh, by which we aim to increase the understanding of learning difficulties and to influence best practice.